Friday, February 16, 2007

New Custom Nitto UI-2 Stems in Stock!


As I wrote earlier, I've got the new UI-2 stems in stock. Nitto usually builds these with a 71-degree angle, but I asked them to build this batch with a 90-degree angle for a more upright position. Here are the details:

Quill Diameter: 22.2 mm for 1" threaded steerers
Clamp Diameter: 26.0 mm
Extension Angle: 90-degrees
Available Extensions: 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 cm
Weight: 272-319g
Price: $55 each

Note: since these stems have a 90-degree extension angle, Nitto's method of measuring the extension length will give the same figure as other manufacturers.


As you can see below, the UI-2 will give you about 1 cm more vertical adjustability than the Salsa SUL stem. With the longer quill and the fact that the extension mounts slightly higher on the quill, the UI-2 will give a taller riding position than the Salsa.


The Nitto UI-2 logo on the extension is actually a decal. It removes easily for a cleaner look as seen below:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

OK I know it's 14 years later... but any chance you still have these stems hanging around? I would be looking for 90deg, 80mm length.

Thanks! Jim

haritewari@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Wow—same question, same day in 2021?

Anonymous said...

Add a third to this, I would love one of these. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would love one of these stems too!
Let me know if you still have any laying around....