Saturday, August 05, 2006

Say It Ain't So, Floyd!

Oh, wait. I guess he is saying it isn't so. It's just getting harder to believe. So, if Floyd doped, I guess there was no true champion at the Tour. I might have been right about that from the beginning. If Floyd didn't dope, then it sucks to be him. However, to keep things in perspective, it doesn't suck as much as being the guy in Lebanon or Israel that has a rocket land on his house. It's all relative.

The world will go on. People will turn to the next item that catches their attention. Bicycle racing is entertainment. It's not that important in the big scheme of things. Whether or not Floyd Landis doped will have no effect on whether the local municipalities in my area are going to keep throwing my tax money at developers who are going to build here anyway. I got bigger fish to fry. It would have been nice to have a new sports hero, but, hey, it's just a sports hero. Let's all go ride our own bikes (drug use is up to you - I won't test) and be our own heroes.

No comments: