Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More on the True Champion

I watched today's stage. I guess that's that. Rasmussen, although he won't win this year's Tour, rode with great courage. So, did Levi Leipheimer. Instead of being content with his position and riding conservatively, he attacked. In the end, it didn't work, and he ended the stage in the same position in which he started. Still, he gave it a shot, I have to give him credit. To me, that is what the Tour is about. Lay it all out there and see what happens.

Sastre attacked as well. It might not have been as bold as what Rasmussen or Leipheimer did, but it bought him some time against the other contenders. Well done, Carlos. What will happen next? Who the hell knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to revise this list some more after today's stage but I'm not going to include a spoiler here.

Reno Rambler said...

WHOOPS! I've seen some exciting stages before in my life but this one takes the cake. It'll really be something if Saturday's TT is as interesting as it probably will be. Fingers crossed!